Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Adjustment........

I havent really been writing much fr the past couple of months...... I have an excuse....Im lazy.....and yes it is a valid excuse and no its not just a state of mind......... It isnt my fault.I believe that people are either lazy or they arent..... And i was born lazy and am doomed 2 be so for the rest of my life....Its a simple matter of fate or destiny or whatever u would like 2 call it.....

Another reason is that nothing has really caught my eye over the past few months......except maybe for the pathetic clat.....or its even more pathetic results.....and the most pathetic of the all the swine flu oops!!! sorry.....I mean "H1N1"-DuM DuM DuM DuM(Scary background score)......... isnt it funny how the wierd codes actually make the disease sound more threatening???? its almost like its a planned propaganda isnt it??? last year the avian flu and this year the swine flu..... what next????bovine and feline??? I hope not....for then we'd soon be having conversations that go all...hey have u had H1N1...oh no ive had T6Y8.... but my sister got the R5 G2 and she ws really ill for a while and YADA YADA YADA..... as if the world isnt wierd enough already............

Anyway coming back 2 what i was actually talking about ie:"Adjustment"..... anyway i just shifted 2 pune from bangalore nearly 2 months back considering the whole issue with the clat this year and the papers leaking and everything going haywire n hardwork goin to waste(I swear I thought I was going 2 get the first rank....i really did....but the trouble is...so did everyone else) and blah blah so I finally landed up in symbi pune(yes....the very place that I went 2,looked through and sniggered and said "thank God im not landing up here hehe").....when you're presumptious life has a way of kicking u in the teeth................... and I landed up in pune with all the teeth I had left determined 2 try NOT to hate it................

The first thing that we had to do was go through the admission procedure....ys that tested my detrmination alright.....for FOUR HOURS we walked up and down the same flight of stairs and met ONE WOMAN and by the time all the paperwork was done (which was actually stuff that under normal circumstances in a place that was'nt symbiosis law school would have been completed in under an hour) the people in the bank decided that 3pm was a good time to close shop..... I guess they were worried about it "getting dark"....and yes...we had to come back for another 2 hours again the next day....all this gave me bad feeling..... a really bad feeling!!!!!

And then the next step .... "Finding the hostel".....now for me this was the worst part.... I was scared of one an only one thing.....not being able to find one with a western loo.........

So anyway after searching for a while and a call to a friend we finally ended up outside "Sharada Niketan" in Karve Nagar....... and Inside were 2 Fat Marathi aunties who started asking us to fill the admission form and telling us that we would be on the waiting list(Yes it may be hard to believe but getting into "Sharada Niketan Girls hostel" is actually harder that getting into Law School.....which actually isnt surprising as now that I think of it my hostel campus is actually bigger than my college...:P)

Invariably my mom asked them if we could see the rooms...... and the scary lady behind the desk (whos name I later found out was Miss Deshpande) screamed at us in strangely accented hindi something that we could barely decipher to mean that we were'nt allowed to..... and for a minute i thought she was giving us the finger when i realised that she was actually pointing to something behind us......... I turned to see a set of photos o the rooms n the bathrooms and the loos and ooo lala a swimming pool.............. well maybe it wasnt gonna be so bad....................... once we were done paying n stuff they let me go in but still prevented my mom from going in... I had a bad feeling about that...... but nothing could have prepared me for what i was about 2 see........i opened the door n walked into a room that looked like it had'nt seen people for years.....

It had cobwebs ,dust, dirty matresses ,iron beds that were waiting 2 give u tetanus the works....... but the icing on the cake was when i walked into the loo...... THERE IT WAS ....UGLY AND SCARY..... MAYBE ITS A NON LIVING THING BUT I SWEAR 2 GOD I COULD SEE IT SMIRKING......YES...the photos had lied....it was an INDIAN TOILET......!!!!!!!

That was the last straw....I burst out into tears......



No comments:

Post a Comment